I’m always flattered when someone requests a recipe. And I’m happy to share it with my FB friend and the rest of you. It’s my Cranberry Beet & Kale Salad I made for this year’s 4th of July celebration. RED (beets, cranberries), WHITE (Goat feta cheese) and well…(not quite) BLUE… (I guess you could say Kale is sorta blue-ish / green – more dark green, I know. But for the celebration, this green would have to do. Okay, then Red, White and Green. lol!
So here’s the recipe:
- 1 8-oz bag of Chopped kale greens, rinsed (my bag has some shredded carrots and dressing but I tossed out the dressing in favor of my own) – that’s approx. 3 cups
- 1 large beet, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3 oz of goat milk feta
- 1-2 Tablespoons chopped walnuts (optional – I forget to add them, but the salad is yummy either way)
- 4 Tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 4 Tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- just a tiny pinch of each: Sea salt & Pepper
Whisk dressing ingredients together. Place Kale in a bowl, top with beets, cranberries, feta and walnuts. Add dressing. Toss when ready to serve. ENJOY!!
Note: Or try the cranberry-licious dressing from the wonderful Cranberry Spinach Salad with Avocados, courtesy of the Cranberry Marketing Committee on behalf of The Cranberry Institute. Click on the link to see my blog posting. It was delish!!