- 1 can pumpkin
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tsp of no-salt seasoning (note: you can add red pepper, ginger, garlic and/or any seasoning combo)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
Cal 110, Fat 3.5g, Chol 0mg, Sodium 45mg, Fiber 3g, Sugar 13g, Protein 2g
Pumpkin Garbanzo Delight!
With a few staples you can use this soup in a yummy garbanzo dish (as shown in pic above):
- 1/2 cup garbanzos
- 2 – 4 Tbsp chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup of the creamy pumpkin soup
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 1-2 Tbsp low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
A fiber and protein rich dish, this will surely keep you satisfied. Lightly saute´green onions in olive oil (adding in broth to keep from sticking to pan) until soft, add in garbanzo beans (season with a bit of garlic powder) until warmed. With heat on low-medium stir in pumpkin and continue until heating until desired temperature. Enjoy!
Cal 300, Fat 13g, Chol 0mg, Sodium 45mg, Fiber 8g, Sugar 12g, Protein 10g
For a heart-ier meal, simply add in a side of quinoa (1/2 cup) remarkable for it’s complete protein profile and whole-grain goodness:
Cal 420, Fat 15g, Chol 0mg, Sodium 50mg, Fiber 10g, Sugar 13g, Protein 14g
Q: What are some of your favorite pumpkin-based dishes?