This week’s Mix-it-Up MONDAY proudly features Maura Knowles (Mo) of Mac-n-Mo’s for a healthy update on CHIA and a Morselicious Pudding Recipe. The Creator of Mac-n-Mo’s, Mo wears many hats, incl. her chef’s hat. She’s a healthy foods advocate, an actress, a screenwriter, a singer…and the list can go on. Basically she is an inspiration in living life to its fullest, healthy and happily. AND she’s also my partner in fighting (sugar) crime for our NUTSO-SWEET column on Fridays.
And a serving of 2 tbsp. contains 6g of fiber, 3 g of protein, no sodium,
It is an ancient SUPERFOOD eaten by the Aztecs. I eat these every day.
One of my favorite ways to get my daily dose is from my chia pudding,
But please beware that there is a lot of fiber and too much chi chi chia
Can leave you feeling fuller than full with what I call a CHIA BELLY.
A little chia goes a long way for nutrition and taste!
Mo’s Chi Chi Chia Pudding
- 2 cups milk of choice (I prefer coconut/almond-UNSWEETENED)
- 3-4 tbsp chia seeds
- 2-4 tsp cinnamon (depending on your taste preference)
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
Pour all ingredients in a glass jar and screw lid on tightly. Shake it up.
Refrigerate. It will form into a gelatin consistency within 2 hours.
Enjoy as a pudding, topping or mix into your smoothies for
SUPER FOOD & fiber boost.
Thanks, Mo, for the great information and the morselicious recipe! I’d top my Chia Pudding with some Mac-n-Mo’s Morsels for an extra morselicious treat!! -Or- served over some mixed berries (pictured above) with some Wheatabix crunch! : )
Please feel free to share your variations.
Nutri-Savvy is giving away 4 packages of Ruth’s Chia Goodness Chia Seeds:
- 2 Chia seeds (14 oz)
- 2 Ruth’s Chia Goodness Original Cereal (12 oz)
ENTER Here for a chance to WIN! (via Facebook OR Twitter)
- Simply comment here on why you’d like a package or how you enjoy your Chia
- Like my Nutri-Savvy Facebook Page
- Like Ruth’s Hemp Foods Facebook Page
- Follow @LaurenOConnorRD Twitter
- Follow @Ruth’s Foods Twitter-or- you can Enter by Subscribing to this blog.Check out this post to see why I love Ruth’s Chia Goodness cereal!