Today’s NNM tip: Clean it, stock it, and make it accessible!:
Part of healthy living, is making healthier foods inviting and accessible. The easier it is to feature/create healthier snacks, the more likely you’ll be to eat them (That’s right – hide or toss your cookies and highly-processed snacks and make your produce enticing and within reach!).
Some simple healthy snacks:
- Blueberries and greek yogurt
- Apples or bananas with peanut butter
- Chopped mixed fruit (apples, bananas, berries)
- Yogurt berry parfait – choose 2 TBS low fat granola or any favorite (low-sugar) high fiber cereal for your crunchy topping
- Oatmeal with mixed berries
- Chopped veggies with hummus or healthy yogurt dip
- …. or keep it simple and grab a piece of fresh fruit
With the arrival of Spring, take this time to renew and refresh your pantry and fridge with colorful, tasting fruits and vegetables to enhance your meals and snacks. Feelings of procrastination, heed these simple tips for Freshening that Fridge.
How do you prep or display your refrigerated items to make healthy snacking simple?